What people are saying
We would like to say that of all people we have had out on a ‘famil’. From Bloggers, journos, writers, TV shows, mags, etc,etc. You have gone above and beyond in promoting our fun little tour and Dirty Detours. So we thank you very much.Rob and Tam. Dirty Detours.
I had the pleasure of working with Jo Castro on our World Cruise Blogger Campaign in 2016. Jo sailed with Princess Cruises and regularly updated her experiences across all her social platforms targeting a whole new to cruise generation who hadn’t considered World Cruise before. Jo’s key skill was that she was a terrific writer whose work carried a personal warmth which resonated with her audience and new followers. Jo was professional, a great communicator and committed to our campaign in delivering key measurable outcomes on time. I highly recommend any business, with a demographic of over 50s, to work with Jo. Meg Koffell, Public Relations Manager, Princess Cruises
- “We worked with Jo to develop a content program that would help drive demand for Princess Cruises’ increased capacity in World Cruise. Jo was strategic, creative and collaborative and executed our plan without fault, producing content that was over and above our expectations. Jo’s flare for storytelling and passion for developing content meant that not only did we have high-quality content that demonstrated what it was like to travel on board a 104-night cruise, but her audience were deeply engaged throughout the journey which had a positive impact on brand perception. I have no hesitation recommending working with Jo as a strategic and creative content partner – she knows her audience, and they hang off her every word.” Lewis Shields, Touch Creative.
- Thanks Jo, I love it. You have captured exactly what it is we do. It is the most thoughtful and professional review we have received. I look forward to having a read of more of your site. Regards, Sandy (Legend Charters, Whale Watching).
Hello Jo, A very BIG thank you for your post on Dryandra. It would be close to the best publicity I have seen for the village and woodland. Everybody says the same. Over the endless heat of summer I will read more from you. Regards, Lisa.
- I follow Zigazag. Jo’s tips are always worth noting. She has covered so much of Western Australia in such a relatively short time that it is exhausting to follow her. Before we go tripping, I always see what she has to say about accommodation, food etc. If she recommends a place you can be sure it will be great.
As an aside, Jo not only writes her ‘Zigazag’ and ‘Lifestyle Fifty’ blogs but she also runs a great series of workshops on blogging and has a small group of proteges looking to become ‘gurus’ in their own fields of interest. Denise
- Today I received a call from a lady who had been researching our Adventure Wild tour vs the Kimberley Wild tour, as well as the other options available to her. The lady, Alison was skeptical of (company) websites and the ability to ‘write what you want’ on them. Alison subsequently found the link to ZigaZag and your stories regarding travelling with us… SOLD! Thank you for adding credibility and humour, and continuing to sell Adventure Wild through your fantastic anecdotal, well written and well photographed diary. We love you!! Simone, Adventure Wild.
- Jo Castro joined us on a media famil to Broome hosted by Mantra Frangipani Resort in conjunction with Qantas. Not only was Jo a joy to travel with and a thorough professional throughout the famil, her follow up and attention to detail post-famil was exemplary. She understood the needs of Mantra and Qantas and balanced it perfectly with the desires of her readers to produce a bounty of articles and photographs that engaged her community. Her communication throughout the process was excellent, consistently keeping us updated with the work she was carrying out so that mutual sharing between our communities could take place. I would not hesitate to recommend Jo for any tourism initiatives. Yvette Peverell, Media Relations Manager – Australia & New Zealand, Mantra Group
- I just love your blog (Lifestyle Fifty) – I think it is so needed at our age and I have already copied a photo from your website page to put on my Facebook timeline to get some of my friends to subscribe as I know they will be interested. Sandy
- Thanks so much for sending this through. Love the article (on Lifestyle Fifty). Laura Brown, Senior PR Account Manager, Niche Marketing Group, Sydney.
- Hi Jo, Thanks for you email. Wow, the post looks fabulous and you look stunning! Thank you for approaching us for this opportunity. I will pass this on to Debbie as I’m sure she will be thrilled to see this. Claire Laffan, and Suzie Dunn, Brand Manager, Airflex Shoes
- Hi Jo, You are awesome!! I was just accessing your Blog to read Day Four. We have had a huge reaction through potential / pending and post guests who are all LOVING your blogs. We continually request that they comment, however I note that this is not occurring as frequently as your blogs are being read.. still, we hope that the continual hits and ongoing referrals will assist. We had some friends visiting last night & we showed them Dave’s DVD of Adventure Wild, EVERYONE loved it! We truly appreciate your continual support, promotion and effort regarding Adventure Wild, it is so much more than we anticipated. Thank you!!!! Simone Kapiteyn, Adventure Wild, www.adventurewild.com.au
- You just keep on giving! This is fabulous: https://zigazag.com/riding-
camels-on-cable-beach/ Thanks again, Yvette Peverell, Media Relations Manager – Australia & New Zealand
- “I completed the Introduction to Blogging Workshop with Jo from Zigazag and thoroughly enjoyed it. I didn’t think learning how to create a Blog would be so much fun and so interesting. Learning all the ‘blog speak’ was also fun and made sense when you knew what it meant!! I found Jo to be very informed about the subject and any questions were answered well and in a way us ‘oldies’ could understand. I recommend this workshop to anyone who wants to use the internet to promote their business or just explore the amazing world of the ‘web’. Thank you Jo.” Kerry
- “Fantastic blog to follow with stacks of south west content!” Cory Gale: Marketing and Digital Specialist at Augusta Margaret River Tourism Association
- Camille Shirley : A glimpse into a writing and blogging workshop: Lesson of the Week
- Hi Jo! I’m loving your posts and FB fan page 🙂 and so are some of my friends! I genuinely enjoy your work and also your generousity in reciprocating. Aggie
- Love discovering all these beautiful areas in Western Australia. It’s a state one really doesn’t hear much about (at least not here in Europe), you’re doing a marvellous job of marketing it. Sophie (commenting on What everyone should know about the Ferguson Valley)
- It’s been a huge pleasure working with you and I look forward to working together on more projects in the future. I’ve been meaning to write to you for a while now. I’m editing your chapter and it looks great! You really did a great job in terms of updating the content and documenting your contacts and impressions. It’s all very professional. Thank you so much! Maggie. Editor, Fodor’s Travel Publications, New York.
- “Love this Jo!! So awesome. I love Jeff’s site. Great guest post. Thanks for sharing it. I actually saw that headline somewhere today and thought I must go and read that post and then here it is, it was yours! Never worry about contacting us with a post you want us to share. We love to help out and your work is always quality.” Caz Makepeace
- The Free Ebook giveaway on Zigazag for subscribers is great, Jo – lots of wonderful and very useful information and tips and triggers in only 20 pages! Excellent. And a great website. Thanks! Jill.
- Today’s “Writing for Publication” workshop was really inspirational! What a lot there is to know. And how well was the information presented! A big thank you to Jo for a really inspiring session. What a well-prepared and in-depth workshop. Denise.
- Relevant information, professional knowledge and manner. Great workshop – C.
- It was great to have another session with you…….I progress that’s for sure. You certainly do move me along the blogging path:) The points list is a great summary for me……really helpful:) Kim @ Peppermint Lane Lodge
- “Kalyra and I are up to chapter 2 in your book and we love it! Such a great story so far, you are a really great writer. “ Caz Makepeace (YTravelBlog and Mojito Mother)
- “Thank you so much for your delightful blog post about Donnelly. It really captures everything we love about Donnelly, very much no frills but with a charm of its own. You certainly put in a lot of work, it is very comprehensive” Lee Wallis
- Hi Jo, Many thanks for the blog post which I think is excellent. You’ve done a great summary of my talk, together with some interesting anecdotes. Maree Wrack, Champagne Lifestyle on a Beer Budget.
- The Caring for our Country Case Studies are great. I’m happy with all the finals and the fantastic work you’ve done. Thank you so much for all your hard work, enthusiasm and professionalism in delivering these case studies, you’ve been brilliant to work with, and I will definitely recommend you for future projects.You have been very thorough in the preparation of the case studies, and your rate is very reasonable for the quality you deliver. Your estimation for the writing of the case studies was pretty spot on. Thanks again for all your hard work! Lauren Lane, South West Catchments Council.
- We loved having you at the library and everyone agreed they got a lot out of the introduction to blogging workshop and some people are now talking about doing the next step in blogging. Karen Dennison, Acting Deputy Regional Librarian, City of Bunbury.
- I just wanted to thank you for the article on Nannup in the Travel section of the West Australian this week. It was great exposure and well written. Louise Stokes. Shire of Nannup
- Yesterday I was battling on with doing the Festival programme brochure and was surprised at the large number of hits on the web site. I suddenly remembered – this Sunday morning – the Travel section of Saturday’s West and looked it up and there it was. A lovely article with good information in it and enough to tempt visitors into this neck of the woods. Thank you very much. The article has definitely created interest out there and has increased awareness of the Festival. Peta Townsing – Chairman Blackwood Country Gardens Inc.
- I understand why you are an award winning writer. The article was really good, and I’m sure you’ll be hearing from me again soon. Paseka S wa Ka-Hlatshwayo – Inventor and entrepreneur.
- I came across your article in People Dynamics magazine, “To earn more, be worth more.” I found the article most informative, thank you. Dr Mark Coetzee DBA, FICICE, FAIM, CMC, CIPC. Group Special Projects Manager, The Kelly Group
- I wanted to SMS you last night about the Sales Pack. WE LOVE IT! I am excited all over again! Hannelie Hattingh, Business ETC.
- 10 out of 10. There could be no better. Thanks so much (for the Cape Times editorial) Jo, you are a star. Christel, Celtic Manor & Spa
- Jo has achieved amazing results in marketing me and my business. With the press, Jo has an amazing ablility to work out the right angle that would interest a publication, and submit an article, interview or idea to excite them. She has had a wealth of innovative ideas for promoting my books, cards and myself. After a year in working with Jo, I have been on TV twice and have had articles published in magazines and newspapers, as well as speaking at events that promote my work. That is what I call results! Thank you Jo, for your practical ideas, your structure and your encouragement. You have a magic about you in terms of getting things into the press. Mandy and I were discussing how professional you are. Thank you for all you’re doing. I’m so excited about Oprah Magazine agreeing to look at the book. Ruth Tearle. Author, Consultant, Motivational speaker. www.ruthtearle.com
- I had a very interesting hour or so with Jo Castro and wish I had met her a long time ago! Immanuel’s Haven is fortunate to have such an accomplished writer helping them. Colin Vyvyan-Day
- It was wonderful to meet you this morning. You have a quiet unassuming strength which is definitely reflected in your writing. Belinda Knight. Chief Executive Officer, The Graduate Institute of Management & Technology, JHB. www.gimt.co.za
- Thank you for a beautiful, positively written article! Sharon, Gay Parent, Cape Town.
- It’s a pleasure to work with you. It’s great to have found someone who is professional, focused, practical, that I can trust. Sandy Goldberg, Unique Lifestyle. www.uniquelifestyle.co.za
- I found your writing workshops interesting, informative and inspiring. I learnt something new every time. The many articles, handouts and contacts have been very useful to me and will also be of particular importance when I go overseas and attempt to write there. Sharon.
- I would love to thank you for the inspiration that is your course. I have long yearned not just to write, but to have the motivation to do something with my writing. Courage and a framework within which to exercise that courage, is exactly what your course has gifted me with. Maggi.
- Thank you for so much for everything you patiently taught us during the Writing for Magazines workshops. I certainly feel far better equipped than I imagined I’d be. What an enjoyable course! Aneta Shaw, Psychologist
- Thanks so much for a very interesting writing course (I feel I am really learning so much) and for providing such a non-threatening environment in which to explore our work. Sandy
- Dear Johanna, Thanks for always being perfect. Will contact you soon. Tanya Jovanovski, CEO The Business Network, Greeff Real Estate Commercial Director.
- Your marketing workshop was very informative and gave me lots of ideas to use to market my business which I would never have thought of alone. There was lots of detailed information and I now understand how important it is to have a plan in place for marketing, newsletters etc, and it’s all very clear. Deb Fearn, dVine Wine Vacations
- Thanks a mill! What can I say. Great editorial! Jean Bulmer, Business Network franchise owner.
- Thanks so much for all your help. You were a star and I am so happy with my brochure. Paula Bongers, Proactive Executors, firstname.lastname@example.org
- None of this would be happening had it not been for you – you are, and continue to be an inspiration to me. Jane Otton, owner, Celtic Manor Guest House and Spa. www.celticmanor.co.za
- It’s an excellent article Jo! I just know, yet again, that what we are doing is absolutely right and I am even more passionate about my job. You are making a difference, and I shall be looking out for your articles. Esna, Private Social Worker, Paarl.
- So thanks for your wisdom and for thinking ahead. I am so chuffed how it came out, and how easy you made it for me and have already sold some books as a result. Ruth Tearle, Strategy and Change Management Consultant. www.changedesigns.co.za
- I was very moved by the topic written in People Dynamics, Vol 24, No.6. I must say this is excellent and practical in the Corporate world and it also gives an insight about individuals and transforming organization. Khanylso Patrick Manjezi, HR Consultant.