Ever wondered what to do in Bunbury? Or what to do on holiday in Bunbury. Even how to make your dollar stretch further and still have a good time? Read on and find out.
1. Walk the Bunbury Heritage Trail, a 12km loop taking in over 50 places of interest including historic and interesting buildings. www.visitbunbury.com.au
2. Go fishing at Back Beach, Wyalup-Rocky Point, The Cut, or Bunbury Jetty.
3. Go sailing. Koombana Bay Sailing Club offers a ‘Twilight sail’ on Wednesay evenings, a casual introduction to those interested in taking up the sport, to which people from all walks of life are welcome. www.kbsc.net.au Tel: 9791 3914
4. Walk in ocean and forest settings that include:- the Tuart Walk (1km), The Big Swamp Walk (1.8km), Koombana Bay Walk (4.9km), Mangrove Walk (5km) which takes you on boardwalks over 25,000 year old white mangroves.
5. Cycle, everywhere. Bunbury has many cycle paths.
6. Get a birds-eye view of Bunbury and its 3 waters at the Marlston Hill lookout where there’s a viewing tower with a spiral staircase – approximately 100 steps.
7. Spot wildflowers from September to mid November, particularly along The Tuart Walk and in Manea Park (College Grove).
8. Launch your kayak out to sea, or on the river, or on the inlet.
9. Experience an extreme sport like outrigging with the West Coast Outriggers. http://www.westcoastoutriggers.com
10. Try your hand at Dragon Boating. Forza Dragon Boat Club invites you to Have A Go Day on 24th October 2010 at the Bunbury Rowing Club. www.forzadbc.org.au. An exciting team sport in which partners and families can compete together. The Bunbury club also supports The Crewsaders, a dragon boat team for breast cancer survivors and supporters.
Fact Box & Events:-
Bunbury Visitor Centre – Old Railway Station, Carmody Place. Tel: 9792 7205. www.visitbunbury.com.au
Dolphin Discovery Centre. Open 8am – 4pm during summertime. www.dolphindiscovery.com.au, Tel: 9791 3088
What do you like doing in Bunbury?