All forms of blog related advertising are accepted on ZigaZag.
For a full MEDIA KIT with comprehensive demographics and blog statisitcs please contact me via the “Contact” page.
- Sidebar Bannner Advertising from $150
- Sponsored Posts and Reviews from $300
- Sponsorship/ Partnership Deals from $500
- Presentations and Workshops related to writing/blogging or travel from $300
- Media/ Press Trips
- Giveaways and competitions
- Writing Commissions for travel or lifestyle related articles (print media and online)
- Attendance/review of special events or travel festivals
- Review of destinations, accommodation, services or equipment
- Partnerships with tourist boards/airlines to promote destinations
- Products for editorial consideration – Product plus Giveaway (Minimum value $100)
Above is an example of a recent collaboration with Airflex Shoes for their Facebook Promotion, Day to Night.
Background for Advertisers and Sponsors
Zigazag champions living, working and holidaying in Western Australia.
This includes travel, life after kids (the empty nest years), leisure, food, wine, fashion, and all things culture-liscious.
World travel and travel across Australia is included occasionally.
Zigazag gives the unplugged version of Western Australia from a personal viewpoint rather than tourism related PR.
Expect a little wit and wisdom but mostly expect to be entertained and informed.
“Making connections and sharing conversations.” “Live it! Love it! Do it!” “Discover, plan and share your next Adventure!”. “Wish you were here.” “Live for the moment, Love adventure, Do Something Awesome.” “Join the WAvolution!”
To entertain and inform those who have reached an age in which they have a little more time and a little more disposable income to enjoy the good things in life, particularly in Western Australia.
Why sponsor or advertise with Zigazag?
Zigazag is a travel, leisure and lifestyle blog focusing on Western Australia. Occasionally features World Travel and across Australia travel.
Since Zigazag has no print and distribution costs it can be viewed for free, and readers are at liberty to read and spread information and content across various social media as they please. “Making Connections, Sharing Conversations,” is the Zigazag mantra.
For further information about Blogs and Brand advertising read All is Well in The Australian Blogosphere by Trevor Young who details the increasing punch of blogs and their influence.
The ZigaZag reader is interested in a certain level of comfort when it comes to travel and lifestyle, and likes to keep fit and look good. They are interested in world travel but they are mostly interested in Western Australia as a place to visit, or as a place to work and live.
With Western Australia preparing itself for another mining boom, population expansion in WA is anticipated.
The region has been cited as one of the Top 10 iconic places in the world to visit by Lonely Planet in 2010. Margaret River has taken out the GWN7 Top Tourism Award for 2013, officially crowned Western Australia’s ‘Top Tourism Town’ securing the title for the second time in just three years. Margaret River pipped other finalists Denmark and Busselton in a close race to the finish. Dunsborough took out the population under 5,000 category.
ZigaZag is based in Bunbury, WA and is well positioned to take advantage of increased interest in WA in particular.
At ZigaZag we spend time sourcing entertaining and informative content that is supported by original, eye-catching photographs. Content includes posts about lifestyle, fashion, food and wine, leisure and travel in Western Australia and beyond, as well as articles about baby boomer and mid-life issues in the empty nester years.
ZigaZag is a site to be enjoyed, a place where readers are entertained and informed without being bombarded.
ZigaZag has a growing Subscriber List.
Who should advertise/sponsor or request a review?
ZigaZag sponsorship, advertising and reviewing is open to select companies with a brand, ethos and vision that are in accordance with the Zigazag philosophy, which is based on creating, “Attention, Reputation, and Trust,” while promoting places/events that are beautiful, interesting, cool or unusual.
Promote your business, service or product with an advertisement, a sponsored article or review or a giveaway. Posts are also promoted on other social networks – Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook, Pinterest, Instagram, StumbleUpon.
Sponsored Posts and Giveaways
I will occasionally write sponsored posts and reviews of excursions, hotels, restaurants and gift ideas for ‘comps’ or ‘reader giveaways’ + payment – as long as they are relevant to ZigaZag and add insight, or depth of content, for readers. The views will be my own.
Banner Ads & Sidebar Ads
If you feel your Company would benefit from an alliance with Zigazag then I look forward to ‘making the connection and starting a conversation’. Let’s talk! Please email via the ‘Contact’ page form for a full media kit and advertising rates.
- I follow Zigazag. Jo’s tips are always worth noting. She has covered so much of Western Australia in such a relatively short time that it is exhausting to follow her. Before we go tripping, I always see what she has to say about accommodation, food etc. If she recommends a place you can be sure it will be great.
As an aside, Jo not only writes her ‘Zigazag’ and ‘Lifestyle Fifty’ blogs but she also runs a great series of workshops on blogging and has a small group of proteges looking to become ‘gurus’ in their own fields of interest. Denise
- Today I received a call from a lady who had been researching our Adventure Wild tour vs the Kimberley Wild tour, as well as the other options available to her. The lady, Alison was skeptical of (company) websites and the ability to ‘write what you want’ on them. Alison subsequently found the link to ZigaZag and your stories regarding travelling with us… SOLD! Thank you for adding credibility and humour, and continuing to sell Adventure Wild through your fantastic anecdotal, well written and well photographed diary. We love you!! Simone, Adventure Wild.
- Jo Castro joined us on a media famil to Broome hosted by Mantra Frangipani Resort in conjunction with Qantas. Not only was Jo a joy to travel with and a thorough professional throughout the famil, her follow up and attention to detail post-famil was exemplary. She understood the needs of Mantra and Qantas and balanced it perfectly with the desires of her readers to produce a bounty of articles and photographs that engaged her community. Her communication throughout the process was excellent, consistently keeping us updated with the work she was carrying out so that mutual sharing between our communities could take place. I would not hesitate to recommend Jo for any tourism initiatives. Yvette Peverell, Media Relations Manager - Australia & New Zealand,
Johanna Castro is a veteran travel writer and has contributed to over 40 publications worldwide, many on a regular basis. Specialties include travel writing, observational humour and personality profiles. She has worked in mainstream media in the UK and South Africa, and been featured in several publications including Country Life, The (UK) Telegraph and The Windhoek Advertiser. Johanna also facilitates blogging and writing workshops.
After a life on the move with her geologist husband (11 countries later and counting) Johanna has come to rest with her family near a beach in south western Australia. Her gypsy heart is currently content, but maybe not yet tamed.
My Lifestyle Blog: Lifestyle Fifty (for feisty, funky, fun women over 50)
Facebook Group: We Love Western Australia:
Facebook Page: The Zigazag Mag:
LinkedIn: Johanna Castro
Freelance Writing includes …
Shark Bay – The West Australian – travel
South West Wildflowers – The West Australian – travel
Your Business Magazine – an interview with MXit CEO Herman Heunis
Country Life Magazine – profile
South West Times – best selling author profile
The Lady Magazine – travel
Further Pdf’s of Johanna’s published work can be supplied on request. Her work has been featured in 40+ publications that include:- Fodor’s Australia Travel Guide, The West Australian, The South West Times, A Place in the Sun, Living Abroad, Woman & Home, On the Home Front, Riding Magazine, Your Business, Femina, Living & Loving, People Dynamics, The Lady, Writer’s News, Devon Life, Good Housekeeping, Shoreline, Essentials, The Islander, Traveller, Country Life, Pace, Sethala, The Motorist, Travel World, Scope, Bona, Botswana Airways in-flight magazine, Thandi, Flying Springbok, Sunday Times (SA), Daily News (Durban), The Mercury (Durban), Sunday Tribune, Windhoek Observer, Windhoek Advertiser.
In 2000 and living in the Philippines, she wrote and self-published a children’s novel in support of a children’s orphanage in Manila.
She facilitates … Creative Writing and How To Blog workshops.
I’m lucky enough to live in South Western Australia. Western Australia as a State is amazing. It’s about the size of India, approximately half that of Europe and it covers one third of the continent of Australia. Perth’s nearest interstate city is Adelaide, a mere 2,700kms away. As yet, I have no intention of doing anything daft like traversing that distance with a camel, but there’s still time.
WA is inspiring … it makes you want to put on a rucksack and hiking boots, or grab your suitcase and swimmers, hitch the bike or the surfboard to the car and go somewhere interesting, do something different or see something unusual, maybe even indulge in a little pampering or retail. So come with me as I pay homage to food and wine, trips and travel, being active, reducing stress, eating healthily, as well as enjoying the little things that make life interesting – oh, and please don’t forget to have your say in the comments box.
At the end of the day, I hope this blog will be entertaining and helpful, and that you’ll enjoy stopping by. Most of all I’d like my experiences to lead you to reflect on your own life in a good way, and my writing to send out meaningful echoes.
Hop on, enjoy the ride!